[ previous: "linkslinkslinks" ] [ return to the present ] [ next: "E & S converse" ]
21 February 2002 (Thursday): self-help
Pardon me while I browse around my virtual self-help bookstore.
- Only a small fraction of my ideas and plans will ever be realized. This is okay. It's a good thing, really. It means long-term boredom is impossible.
- I am meant to walk through life, not to run. I can only go at full speed for so long before stopping to catch my breath. Pace thyself.
- When the downward spiral begins, focus on the tiny moments of beauty. Eat a strawberry. Drink water. Run around in the sun. Stare up at trees. Call home and have a good laugh with Mom. Make time for these things; they are what will cure me.
- Everything is part of the journey. Frustration, peace, depression, ecstasy, loneliness, everything. Note that true happiness is impossible without suffering -- there is no light without dark. Contrast, my dear, contrast.
- For God's sake, I'm only 23. Give it time.
There, now I feel all warm and fuzzy. Off to restructure my framework code!
posted by enjelani @ 02:18 PM PST
Replies: 1 comment
Thanks for the hints.
I am currently tatoo-ing (no, not "Ze plane ze plane!"... well, maybe. What?) those 5 selections backwards onto my head so that I can read them when I look in the mirror in the mornings and night and during each visit to the work-place urinals.
Good stuff though ;) I hope someday i'll make a habit to remember all the things that "sounded good at the time" and actually incorporate them into my life rather than leave them on the periphery.
posted by syndromes @ 07 07 2002 12:23 AM PST